Our bartenders create and build cocktails
View the Mixology Menu
- Roses Margarita - siembra azul blanco infused with rose petals, fresh lime juice st. germain and rose petals
- Margarita Diablo - siembra azul reposado, crème de cassis, lime, orange juice, ginger syrup & canela salt
- Short Rib - siembra azul blanco infused with jalapeño, fresh lime juice & pomegranate molasses
- Mojito Verde - siembra azul blanco, cucmber juice, basil leaves, st. germain, agave nectar & lime juice
- Coco Loco - coconut infused siembra valles blanco, canton ginger liquor, pineapple juice, sugar cane syrup and fresh lime juice
- South Of The Rio - leblon cachaça infused with jalapeño, agave nectar, cucumber & fresh lime juice
View the Mixology Menu
We are located in a historic building at 1602 Locust St, in Philadelphia's Rittenhouse Square.
It was once the house of William Duane, the former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury, under President Andrew Jackson.
History buffs will know him for having been dismissed during the bank wars.
1602 Locust St,
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215 546 0181
215 546 9953
Tequilas Restaurant was established in 1986, at 1511 Locust Street by owners David and Annette Suro.
David Suro, a native of Guadalajara, grew up near agave fields in the state of Jalisco. He went to school with the children of agave farmers and tequila producers. He met his wife Annette in Cancun and moved with her back to Philadelphia and worked at El Metate, the only Mexican restaurant in town. Within a year they bought out the owner and renamed it Tequilas.
We are housed in a beautiful historic location in rittenhouse square. Which features amazing craftsmanship both in the interior
and the exterior design of the building.
"Philadelphia did not have the concepts we see today, only the Tex-Mex. There was not much knowledge of Mexican food. But I was fortunate. What we proposed to them no one else was offering. Back then we developed the customer. And we learned from each other."
- David Suro-Pinera
Tequilas Restaurant got it's start at 1511 Locust Street in Philadelphia. Taking over 'El Metate' back in 1986, the Suro family begin to introduce the traditional mexican concepts.
They renamed it Tequilas Restaurant with this edgy logo.
Â© 2018 Tequilas Inc. All Rights Reserved . Design by Tinyplanet Internet